AgriCap Group, LLC is based in Minnesota. It was formed by the Nesbit Agencies and by Unity Financial. Our purpose is to give you the opportunity to develop your own risk management solutions, and to do that through a captive crop insurance company.
AgriCap Group has been cultivating relationships with top insurance companies and has been developing unique, cost-effective products for many years.
We are experienced professionals with a ‘hands-on’ approach to Farm and Agribusiness Risk management.
Wherever you are we are not far away with 18 offices located in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Arizona and North Carolina.
A Team Of Professionals
- Over 45 years of experience in the banking, insurance, and investment industry; developed and marketed various national insurance and investment related products; recognized expert in Property and Casualty insurance.
- Served in Senior Management of banks, financial institutions, and insurance agencies since 1974.
- Certified Insurance Counselor; recognized as Professional Agent of the Year by the MN Professional Insurance Agents Association in
- Past President of the Minnesota Professional Insurance Agents Association; current member of the MN Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers Association; current President of AgriCap Group, LLC.
- Founded AgriCap Group, LLC in 2017 to develop captive insurance companies for agriculture, farmers and agribusinesses; evaluates and assists in developing risk management solution for farmers and agribusinesses.
- Over 20 years of experience in Estate Planning with specialization in transfer and succession planning for farms and agribusinesses; and crop insurance coverage and pricing analysis.
- Served in management positions in a national financial planning organization; founded and ran his own company; experienced in taking complex ideas and make them simple to understand and implement.
- Co-authored two books, Protect Your Legacy, A Handbook for Estate Planning, and Keeping Your Farm in The Family, What You Need To Know.
- Works with financial, insurance and reinsurance coverage and pricing analytics.
- Co-founder of AgriCap Group, LLC.
- Over 45 years of crop insurance experience (1977); currently involved with AgriCap Group, LLC.
- Served at all levels of senior management of 4 insurance companies: CEO, COO, President, Sr. V-P, V-P, etc.
- Designed nationally implemented crop insurance policies and policy administration technology (based on precision ag technology)
- Served on the National Crop Insurance Services, American Association of Crop Insurers and AgGateway Board of Directors; currently serving on AgGateway North America Steering Committee and Standards and Guidelines Committee.
- Currently involved in AgriSemantics Working Group overseeing the development of a global standard controlled-vocabulary for digital agriculture.
- Over 20 years of insurance experience; founder and current President & Chief Executive Officer of Captive Planning Associates, LLC.
- Served as a Senior Director with Alvarez and Marsal Insurance Advisory Services, LLC leading the Captive Solutions Group; currently serving as a director and officer for various captives and insurance companies.
- Developed nationally known risk mitigation programs that solved complex risk issues through captives, group/association captives, special purpose captives, and risk retention groups for physician groups, forestry industry, food distribution, apparel industry, assisted living facilities, farming and agriculture, hedge funds, and private equity firms.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant in the State of New Yor with Chartered Global Management Accountant and Personal Financial Specialist designations; member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, New York State Society of CPA’s, Captive Insurance Companies Association, and Self-Insurance Institute of America; licensed insurance agent.
- Over 50 years of insurance experience (1967); involved in forming and managing captive insurance companies, public entity pool and private self-insurance groups since 1979.
- Served in senior management of insurance companies as Senior V-P and V-P of Risk Management; currently President of JKL Enterprises, LLC providing service oversight and consulting services for captive insurance companies and self-insured programs.
- Specialty expertise in forming and servicing captive insurance operations and self-insured pools; providing program design, loss control, third party claims administration and training services for self-insured programs.
- Approved as a captive manager by the State of Nevada.
Get In Touch
5900 Rowland Rd, Minnetonka, MN 55343
+1 (952) 746-4353